- A huge marketplace for buying and selling not just domains, but built out affiliate sites, startups, and web apps.
- I moved a startup from Heroku to AWS, and I regret it. I should have moved it to DigitalOcean instead, an easier to use and way more affordable host for startups and web apps.
- If you’re not gathering emails on your website to grow your newsletter, you’re doing it wrong. And while exit-intent popups can get annoying, they’re really effective. And OptinMonster has a lot of different styles and methods that you can use to make them both really effective AND not annoying. It’s what I have on startupresources.io
- When I was trying to figure out who to reach out to as part of a content marketing campaign, I tried both Epic Beat (free) and Buzzsumo (pretty expensive) and I was actually more impressed with Epic Beat. If you want to find influencers or bloggers to connect with as part of your traction plan, try Epic Beat
- Implementing forms on a static site can be a pain, but Formspree is super easy to use. Gather data with the forms and get it emailed right to you. They host it, so you don’t have to add any PHP or anything to your site. Works on any platform.
- If you’re running Wordpress, Gravity Forms is a pretty elegant solution to forms, and the nicest thing about it is the easy integration with Zapier, so you can take your form data and plug it into your email system, marketing automation, drip, write it to a google sheet, dump it into Trello, etc etc.