- I got yet another theme for a new project from Pixelarity, so I thought I’d mention it. $19 for three months worth of access to a buffet of nice HTML5 templates. It’s what StartupResources.io is built on.
- I mentioned this recently as a good and affordable hosting option for your site or startup, but I forgot to mention that you get $10 off if you sign up via our referral link.
Text Me, Slacker
- If you want to run a SMS campaign, in which followers and users connect with you via text, and you want to run all that via Slack, this is a great solution.
- Want to hire someone for equity? Want to work for equity? Equity Directory connects those who want to work for equity to those who want to hire for equity. (I think you can involve some money too, if desired.)
Follow Up Then
- Including this (again) because I use it every single day. Email email@example.com with something, and it will come back to you tomorrow, so you can not worry about it today. I use that a lot to remind myself to do something tomorrow. Or send yourself a note to firstname.lastname@example.org (the shorter domain) and you’ll get it back EOD. Forward info about your flight to email@example.com so that you have it fresh again the day before you travel. Or use it for sales. If you’re trying to close someone and they say “I may need your service in a month” say “OK!!” and BCC firstname.lastname@example.org. The possibilities are endless.
Customer Discovery Ninja
- If you want your Startup to work, you need to use customer discovery to figure out what people need, not what they want. You must find the proper problem to solve. And you do that by talking to people. And Customer Discovery Ninja is a system to connect you with people on demand to talk to, via the phone. It records the conversations so that you don’t have to take notes, and can focus on exploring what problems people need solved, and find your direction.
- Want to build your own personal assistant? This open source project is built on the GO programing language, and you can add all sorts of plugins, or create your own, then text your new little friend and ask him to find you local restaurants or whatever. Like Siri, but way more work. Great if you’re into building things.
- I saved this for the last, because it’s the stupidest “tool” I ever put in the newsletter. I just spent $1.19 of my hard earned money to have 14 pictures of goats with captions texted to my little sister, to bother her. Out of love. Today is april fool’s day, after all. Her response: “Wtf guys I’m being attacked by goat via text!!!” Worth the $1.19.