First off, apologies that I mentioned two of these tools in the last newsletter, and here they are again, but I’ve been focused on improving SEO for one of my sites and thought people could benefit from seeing how I used them in combination…
- Positionly is awesome to keep track of your rankings over time, and gives some suggestions on how to improve. What doesn’t get measured doesn’t get improved, right?
- A super thorough tool to go over your entire site and itemize every single thing you need to change or improve in order to rank higher. It doesn’t focus super specifically on keywords per page, but it focuses more on overall SEO for the site. It’s new but I was really impressed with it.
- Very similar to Glasshat, it does an overall audit of your site and shows you what to improve and why.
- If you have a wordpress site, Yoast lets you optimize every single page for a certain keyword.
- The most in depth keyword researcher I’ve found. It’s great because it tells how hard it would be to rank for a certain phrase, and calculates a niche value for every phrase by comparing difficulty versus volume. Enter one keyword phrase and it will give you data on hundreds of related phrases.